Prince William told his wife to “just talk and don’t worry about about saying anything she shouldn’t” before she spoke to Giovanna Fletcher on her ‘Happy Mum, Happy Baby’ podcast. Speaking on ITV’s I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, Giovana told Shane Richie : “They had scheduled 45 minutes.
“We had an hour and a half! Basically, Prince William had come in as he was briefing her and he said, ‘Just talk. Don’t worry about saying anything you shouldn’t or exposing too much. We can change it in the edit. Just talk.’
“So she was going to answer everything. It was amazing.”
It comes as angry royal fans say the Duke and Duchess should have lost their prestigious titles a long time ago as it is “far more damaging to keep them”.The backlash comes ahead of the couple’s review with the Queen in the next few months following their sensational exit from the Firm earlier this year. A royal crisis erupted when Harry, 35, and Meghan, 38, publicly announced in January they wished to step back from royal duties and spend more time in the US.
The couple, who are now living in Santa Barbara, California with their son Archie Harrison, have stopped using the His and Her Royal Highnesses (HRH) styles since withdrawing from their royal jobs, but have so far been able to keep all their official titles.
Royal fans ordered the Queen to strip the couple of their titles, saying it should have happened a long time ago.
One said: “It will be far more damaging if allowed to keep them.
Kate was urged to break royal protocol by William
“Again I ask WHY do they want them? Surely the links to white privilege, slavery, oppression and using ones rank for gain would make them want to give them up freely?No? Thought as much”
Another said: “I hope that the Queen removes the Royal Titles from Harry & Meghan- they are both snowflakes now.”
One posted on Twitter: “The SOONER the Queen strips Harry from HRH and Duke titles, the better. But March 21 is when ‘review’ occurs….
Another added: “They should have lost titles a long time ago!”
Meghan is still officially called Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Sussex, Countess Dumbarton and Baroness Kilkeel.
And the 94-year-old monarch cannot stop Harry being a Prince as this is a title he was born into and it is a fact under the rules of royalty in Britain that he is a Prince.
However, his other titles, Royal Highness the Duke of Sussex, Earl of Dumbarton and Baron Kilkeel, as well as Meghan’s could be up for discussion.
FOLLOW EXPRESS.CO.UK BELOW FOR LIVE UPDATES
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s romantic timeline
4.40pm update: Queen’s cousin sets the record straight after family ‘frustration’ at The Crown
David Bowes-Lyon has spoken up after the fourth season of Netflix’s The Crown portrayed a dramatised version of the lives of Nerissa and Katherine Bowes-Lyon – the Queen and Princess Margaret’s cousins.
Mr Bowes-Lyon, whose father was a first cousin once removed of the Queen Mother, dismissed the storyline included in the latest season of the popular show saying it is “fiction pretending to be fact”.
He said: “I’m probably the only member of the family who could publicly say anything about this. It’s more difficult for members of the Royal Family, and the younger generation was not around. I wouldn’t say there is upset in the family, but I think people are frustrated and would like the record put straight. The royals are pretty immune to criticism but in terms of historical record, people should know.”
In the show, Helena Bonham Carter’s Princess Margaret discovers by chance she has two cousins who spent decades locked away in an institution after being found with severe learning disabilities.
The fictional Princess Margaret is then set on a personal quest to find them and, when she discovers her cousins are alive, she confronts her mother.
However, Mr Bowes-Lyon said Princess Margaret was well aware of the existence of Nerissa and Katherine and had spoken about them with him.
The sisters were also well taken care of and far from being “abandoned” and kept a secret, as they were visited “frequently”, he added.
He told the Daily Telegraph: “She knew who they were in every respect, as you would any cousin. We spoke about them when discussing relatives in general, talking over dinner and lunches. She knew exactly who they were and what had happened. It is completely wrong to say they were forgotten and certified as lunatics.”
Royal fans are calling for Harry and Meghan to be stripped of their titles
3.26pm update: Queen tipped to see royal relatives over Christmas – with Fergie and Andrew living nearby
Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip may be visited by a number of royals over the festive period – including Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, who live just a stone’s throw away from Windsor Castle
As the UK continues to battle the coronavirus pandemic, the Queen’s office has announced: “Having considered all the appropriate advice, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have decided that this year they will spend Christmas quietly in Windsor.”
However, royal commentators have reported royal relatives may hold brief socially-distanced visits to the Queen and Prince Philip over the Christmas period, when lockdown measures will be eased.
Prince Andrew, the monarch’s second son, and his former wife Sarah Ferguson live at the Royal Lodge, just a 15-minute drive away from the Castle.
Following the toe-sucking scandal in the early 1990s, the Duchess of York did not join the rest of Royal Family at Sandringham or Balmoral during the holidays for several years.
However, in recent years, Sarah has returned to Balmoral and has attended Royal Ascot, one of the Queen’s most loved events of the year, signalling her relationship with the royals may have rekindled.
Andrew and Sarah’s youngest daughter, Princess Eugenie, may also decide to visit the Queen and Philip given how close she now lives to Windsor Castle.
Emily Ferguson has taken over live reporting from Rebecca Perring
2.33pm update: Prince Charles brutally scolded by Thatcher in furious row
Prince Charles was brutally snubbed by the-then Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher during a spat over her inner-city policies, a biography claims.
The Prince of Wales has often been accused of “meddling” in political affairs during his time as the heir to the throne.
His activism has rattled Downing Street in the past, but none more so than former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
Writing in his biography, ‘Charles — The Man Who Will Be King’, Howard Hodgson explained: “She believed that this would obviously provide her opponents with the valuable point that the Prince of Wales, although supposed to be politically neutral, was in fact opposed to Thatcher and her uncaring policies.
“She thought that was in neither of their interests.”
1.23pm update: Royals won’t try to get The Crown pulled despite vile trolls
Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall have come under fire in recent weeks as royal fans react to the fictional portrayal of their affair in Netflix royal drama The Crown. A royal expert has claimed Prince Charles would never seek to get unflattering episodes of the series pulled despite any potential impact on his public image.
Royal expert and author Howard Hodgson has lambasted The Crown and claimed its depiction of Prince Charles is “monstrously unfair.”
Last year, Saudi Arabia’s royal family set a new precedent by successfully getting an episode of Homeland that criticised Prince Mohammed bin Salman pulled from the Netflix streaming platform.
Asked if Prince Charles would ever go to similar lengths to stop unflattering episodes of The Crown being shown in Britain, a royal biographer has claimed it is highly unlikely.
Royal expert and author of ‘Charles: The Man Who Will Be King’ Howard Hodgson told Express.co.uk: “Anyone, who has studied the life and times of Prince Charles, quickly realises that the events of his marriage and the relationships entered into by both the Prince and Princess of Wales have been largely distorted by Diana herself.
“The powerful combination of the now infamous Panorama interview and the bestselling novel ‘Diana, Her True Story’ by Andrew Morton, which was actually dictated and then edited by Diana, who was most likely suffering from Borderline Personality Disorder for all of her adult life, means that the world’s press has taken these as reference points and so have continued to print fiction and not fact.”
Prince Charles and Camilla could see the Queen and Philip over the Christmas period
12.45pm update: Queen axes traditional Christmas gift giving ceremony with staff
The Queen has cancelled the annual gift-giving ceremony with staff at Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle, it has been claimed.
The monarch won’t host the annual ceremony during which she thanks staff at the Royal Household for their work and hands out presents, according to a source. Every year, the Queen and Prince Philip order gifts for members of the Royal Household, delivered along with a Christmas pudding in the run up to the festivities.
However, this year, due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the Queen won’t carry out this poignant ceremony, an insider has said.
12.10pm update: Prince Charles and Camilla still likely to see Queen and Philip this Christmas
Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall are due to spend Christmas at Highgrove but the couple may still see the Queen and Prince Philip for a social-distanced meet-up during the festive period.
Prince Charles and Camilla are due to spend Christmas Day at Highgrove House in Gloucestershire.
While the Queen and Prince Philip will mark the holiday at Windsor Castle for the first time in 33 years.
But Charles and Camilla could travel to Windsor after Christmas and meet the Queen and Philip for a walk in the grounds.
Daily Express royal correspondent Richard Palmer tweeted on Tuesday: “Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall will be at Highgrove for Christmas Day but expect to see the Queen and Philip at Windsor at some point.
“Camilla will also see her family over the festive period. Meetings may be socially distanced or outside to adhere to govt rules.”
The Queen and Prince Philip decided to remain at Windsor Castle over the Christmas period without consulting the Government
11.39am update: Queen IGNORED Boris by ripping up royal Christmas plan
The Queen and Prince Philip decided to remain at Windsor Castle over the Christmas period without consulting the Government, Express.co.uk understands.
The Daily Express royal correspondent Richard Palmer wrote on Twitter: “Christmas won’t be the same without the Royal Family at Sandringham.
“The Queen and Prince Philip made their decision without consulting the Government.
“It’s a very different tone than the message from Downing Street.”
10.32am update: Prince Harry and William opened door for Meghan to speak out
Prince Harry and Prince William have changed royal tradition by opening up on their mental health and using their platforms to break the stigma surrounding difficult topics, royal experts have said.
Royal commentator Duncan Larcombe said: “Royal tradition has been changed by William and Harry.” Mr Larcombe said Meghan Markle has followed in their example by speaking out about miscarriage in a deeply personal article last month.
He told OK! magazine: “They speak openly and Meghan should be applauded for speaking out, too.
“Using her platform to discuss things like baby loss, which are so often surrounded by a stigma of silence, is brave.”
The Queen and Prince Philip will enjoy a ‘quiet’ Christmas
9.23am update: When did Queen and Prince Philip last spend Christmas at Windsor?
The Queen and Prince Philip are due to spend Christmas at Windsor Castle for the first time in years. When was the last time the royal couple marked Christmas there?
Queen Elizabeth II, 94, and Prince Philip, 99, have cancelled there traditional Christmas plans at Sandringham House and decided to remain at Windsor Castle instead amid the coronavirus pandemic. Buckingham Palace confirmed the news on Monday stating the couple planned to have a “quiet” time over the holiday period.
8.50am update: Prince Harry and William back in touch after COVID panic and Meghan tragedy
Prince Harry and Prince William have been in touch multiple times after their father Prince Charles was diagnosed with coronavirus, according to a royal expert.
The two brothers, rumoured to be feuding after a furious breakdown in relations, have had “many private conversations” since the worrying family news in March, according to royal biographer Omid Scobie. Similarly, he added, the brothers have likely spoken to one another in July, after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex told their closest relatives within the Royal Family Meghan had a miscarriage.
Mr Scobie, author of Finding Freedom, told OK! magazine: “I know that Harry and William had many private conversations when their father was ill with COVID.”
Prince William and Prince Charles may share a passion for conservation and environmentalism, but they are said to be deeply divided over Buckingham Palace’s extensive ivory collection.
William is said to have created his lasting legacy in recent months after launching the Earthshot Prize with national hero and conservationist Sir David Attenborough. The award will go to entrepreneurs who come up with eco-friendly solutions to the world’s greatest challenges over the next ten years — and dish out £50million in the process. The Duke of Cambridge also showed his passion for conservation in particular, when the ITV documentary ‘Prince William — A Planet for Us All’ aired earlier this year.
8.12am update: Sophie Wessex’s childhood home tipped as perfect Christmas stay
Sophie, Countess of Wessex’s former Kent home has been tipped as the perfect Christmas retreat, as the royal is set to be one of the few to join Queen Elizabeth II over Christmas.
Sophie grew up on Homestead Farmhouse in Brenchley, Kent, before marrying Prince Edward in 1999. Now the royal couple live in Bagshot Park in Surrey, but Sophie’s childhood home has been praised as the ideal Christmas retreat. Sophie and Edward are expected to be one of two households to join the Queen and Prince Philips Christmas bubble this year amid the coronavirus pandemic.
7.55am update: Prince Charles and Camilla to BREAK royal Christmas tradition over coronavirus
Prince Charles and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, are touted to break royal Christmas tradition this year and stay at Highgrove House, amid coronavirus restrictions changing up the Royal Family’s plans.
The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall are expected to stay away from Windsor Castle as Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip plan a quieter Christmas. Prime Minister Boris Johnson laid out last week that three households may mix from December 23 to December 27, meaning a traditional royal Christmas gathering could not happen. Prince William and Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge are also set to miss the Queen’s royal Christmas.