Table of Contents
- 1 Sign up to our daily newsletter
- 2 The i newsletter cut through the noise
- 2.1 A message from the Editor:
- 2.2 Thank you for reading this story on our website. While I have your attention, I also have an important request to make of you.
- 2.3 The dramatic events of 2020 are having a major impact on many of our advertisers – and consequently the revenue we receive. We are now more reliant than ever on you taking out a digital subscription to support our journalism.
- 2.4 By supporting us, we are able to support you in providing trusted, fact-checked content for this website.
- 2.5 Joy Yates
- 2.6 Editorial Director
The festival city took the top spot with an outstanding score of 90.57 as voted for by readers of Conde Nast Traveller for the second year running.
The poll saw Oxford take second place with a score of 89.83, London take third place with 87.92 and Glasgow came in at fourth place with a score of 84.83.
Conde Nast Traveller’s Readers Choice Awards are one of the biggest and most influential in the travel business and the best cities in the UK category are scored on nightlife, restaurants and friendliness.
The magazine dubbed Edinburgh as becoming a genuine foodie hotspot in recent years with an influx of food markets and Michelin stars. Their best restaurants round up includes The Bon Vivant, Timberyard, Fhior and The Little Chartroom, while their hotel picks include The Edinburgh Grand, Market Street Hotel and Intercontinental Edinburgh The George.