The Carolina Panthers (4-7) bring QB Teddy Bridgewater home to the team that gave up on him when they visit the Minnesota Vikings (4-6) Sunday at 1 p.m. ET at U.S. Bank Stadium. Below, we preview the Panthers-Vikings betting odds and lines and make our NFL picks and predictions.
Panthers at Vikings: Betting odds, spread and lines
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Saturday at 1:27 a.m. ET.
- Money line : Panthers +160 (bet $100 to win $160) | Vikings -189 (bet $189 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS : Panthers +3 (-106) | Vikings -3 (-115)
- Over/Under : 51.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Special NFL Betting Promotion
Bet $1 on ANY TEAM’S money line Sunday, WIN $100 (in free bets) if ANY team scores a touchdown during Sunday’s NFL action.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO, IN, NJ, TN and WV at BetMGM , The King of Sportsbooks! New customer offer, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Panthers at Vikings: Game notes
- Minnesota has hit the Over on each of its last six home games.
- Carolina is 4-0 as a road underdog ATS in its last four games.
- Minnesota is 6-2 ATS in its last eight games.
- Carolina is averaging 23.0 PPG, which could be a problem because Minnesota is 4-1 on the ML and 5-0 ATS when an opponent scores 27 or fewer points.
- The Vikings are 11-3 against the ML in their last 14 games against NFC South opponents.
Panthers at Vikings: Key injuries
- OG Dennis Daley (concussion) out
- CB Donte Jackson (toe) doubtful
- RB Christian McCaffrey (shoulder) questionable
- OG John Miller (knee, ankle) questionable
- OT Russell Okung (calf) questionable
- LB Tahir Whitehead (ribs) questionable
- OG Ezra Cleveland (ankle) out
- WR Adam Thielen (COVID-19) doubtful
- TE Irv Smith (groin, back) doubtful
Panthers at Vikings: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Vikings 21, Panthers 20
Money line ( ?)
Minnesota (-189) is a solid favorite, but the price is too high. I would lean toward Carolina (+160), but seeing the Panthers are +3 on the spread, the best advice is to AVOID a money line play.
Against the spread ( ?)
CAROLINA +3 ( -106) is the play. Getting 3 points is more than a QB with revenge on his mind should be handed. Minnesota’s defense is grossly depleted from the head coach Mike Zimmer defense we have seen in recent years and have proved it can’t hold a lead late with the game on the line. Minnesota should still win, but this game should be a Pick ’em, which makes CAROLINA +3 a value here.
Over/Under ( ?)
It’s going to require a lot of touchdowns to hit the O/U of 51.5. I see both teams trying to grind out long drives and, while there will be touchdowns to be had, this one calls for taking UNDER 51.5 ( +115).
Want action on this NFL game? Sign up and bet at BetMGM. If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com. Please gamble responsibly.
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.